Table of Contents
- Saturday, October 20th, 2018
- Lincoln Park – South Fieldhouse
1650 N Stockton Drive, Chicago, Illinois
- 5k - 4:00pm*
- CLIF Kid Spooky Sprints - 2:30pm*
* Start times are subject to change, so keep your eyes peeled for email updates from us four weeks before the race. Pumpkins in the Park 5k uses assigned start corrals to maintain a safe, fast, and fun course for all participants. Your corral assignment will be emailed to you approximately two weeks prior to the race and will be printed on your race bib. Please be in your corral fifteen minutes prior to the start of your race. There will be a break of approximately four minutes between each corral.
Please read through all of these rules so there are no surprises on race day!
- We love our walkers. One favor: we ask that they can hold a 15 minute per mile pace. That’s about four miles per hour, or a brisk power-walk. If you fall below this pace, we can unfortunately no longer guarantee course support—which is paramount for your safety. Aid stations, medical support, portable toilets, and road closures will start to become unavailable to participants. The local police and race organizers will ask you to reroute to a shorter version of the course, or move up onto the sidewalk where you will be required to obey regular traffic laws.
- There is no age minimum or maximum, so feel free to bring the kids or grandparents and make it a family activity. Just make sure each participant can keep the 15 minute per mile minimum pace, and that anyone under 12 is accompanied by a grown-up on course.
- Strollers are permitted on the course, however all participants with strollers must start at the back of the starting area, and participate in a non-competitive manner.
- Wheelchair athletes are permitted on a case-by-case basis, based on your wheelchair type and the course. Wheelchair athletes are required to email us at least three weeks in advance of the event.
- All participant entries are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the course.
- Bikes and rollerblades are not allowed on the course. Feel free to ride your bike to the event, but please park it before you get to the course.
We've got plenty of perks for runners along the way.
- There will be an aid station on course stocked with water and Nuun sports drink.
- In case of emergency, we have medical personnel standing by and a medical tent at the finish line.
- Port-o-johns are located at the start/finish area.